Waste Management for the Town of Lashburn is provided by GFL Environmental.
GFL Environmental would like to remind all residents of the proper procedures for waste collection carts.
- Please put materials into the proper cart
- Lids fully closed, no extra bags outside of the cart
- If carts are filled up so the lids are not completely closed they will not be picked up.
- Carts and recycling must be put at the curb by 7 a.m. spaced 1 metre apart and away from vehicles
- Cart wheels to the curb and far enough out for the truck to reach from the street
- Recycle items in blue recycle bags
- Cardboard must be flattened and folded beneath the blue bag – no larger than 2’x3’. Small cardboard should be placed in the blue bag.
- You have been provided with two carts at no charge. You are responsible for the safe keeping of those carts. Carts damaged from your misuse or loss are at your cost to replace.
- In the event of inclement weather resulting in no pickup on the regular day and time, notice will be provided on the Town of Lashburn’s Facebook page and posters at the Town Office and on the public board by the Drop in centre. GFL will endeavor to pick the carts up another day in the same week, but pickup may not be until the next week.
REVISED ACCEPTABLE ITEMS
LIST FOR RECYCLING
The Town of Lashburn’s provider of recycling services will be narrowing the list of acceptable materials in the bluebag recycling program.
This is necessary due to the precipitous drop in commodity markets and the greatly increased industry expectations of purity rates on sorted recyclable commodities.
- Anything other than a plastic container that has a number 1 or 2 should go directly into the waste.
- Any paper container that contained a food item should not go in the recycling.
- Photos are not recyclable.
- Please remove book covers from books.
- Tin and aluminum food plates are often laminated and not recyclable.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THE NEW RULES ARE NOT FOLLOWED, THERE MAY BE INCREASED COSTS TO THE TOWN FOR OUR PROVIDER TO HAND SORT OUT THE NON-ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS.